With most things in life, having a guide, particularly at the beginning, makes it easier to master.
Learning this process to gain the full benefit of guided imagery is also easier when you have some help. That’s what guided imagery meditation and visualization is all about. It’s like having a qualified guide or coach to take you through the process, anytime you want.
Here are five easy steps to guided imagery meditation and visualization:
1. Get into a comfortable and relaxed position. That’s the first and most important step to guided imagery meditation and visualization.
2. Calm your mind. It is possible to relax physically and still have your mind running at warp speed. But the state you want to achieve through your guided imagery meditation is the exact opposite. You need to free yourself from the continuous and random flow of thoughts.
3. Focus on your breathing. Take long, slow, deep breaths. Don’t strain though. Keep it easy and peaceful. Relax more and more each breath. By concentrating on your breathing, you help to control your mind’s tendency to think about other things. Focusing on your breathing alone occupies the mind while relaxing the body, which is ideal for our purpose.
4. Attain a meditative state of mind and body. Allow yourself to sink deeper and deeper into a more calming and peaceful place. This is your target destination — to find profound peace of mind and comforting tranquility where you are connected to Spirit and where no resistance exists. Once you’ve found it, you’ll know you’ve discovered heaven on earth.
5. Now that you’ve attained this wonderful state of complete relaxation, simply project images of what you want to accomplish on the screen of your mind. With guided imagery meditation and visualization, all you have to do is follow along. As the images are painted for you, simply add whatever elements of detail you like. This makes it your own — your unique creation unlike any other.
More Information about Guided Imagery Meditation
For decades now guided imagery has proven to be a powerful tool in assisting the body to heal itself from a number of health challenges. It has also proven to be equally powerful in reprogramming the subconscious mind, and freeing us from the negative thoughts, feelings and beliefs contained there.
One of the primary benefits of guided imagery is its ability to produce a peaceful and relaxed state of being in the body and in the mind. Every system in our body functions better when we are relaxed compared to when we are experiencing stress and anxiety.
Additionally, the images that we see or imagine during a guided imagery, go directly into the subconscious mind. Once there, the subconscious mind goes to work to manifest those images into reality.
There are many professionally produced guided imagery CD’s available from various sources including my own website. However, you can also create your own by following the steps listed below.